We are all familiar with the most important vitamins and minerals which are crucial for the overall health, like vitamin C, iron and calcium. Yet, there are many other important minerals that are repeatedly neglected, like magnesium.
Magnesium is a mineral that provides a wide range of health benefits that can lessen fatigue, strengthen your body, and boost your mood. Here we will show you the top six amazing health benefits of magnesium you can obtain by consuming the right kind of food.
- Regulation of High Blood Pressure
Whether you suffer from high blood pressure or some heart disease, or if you have family history of cardiovascular diseases, magnesium will help you to avoid them and to keep to your blood pressure stabile.
- Migraine pain
If you suffer from migraine headaches, there is a high probability that you have already tried number of pharmaceutical and natural treatments. But have you heard so far that magnesium can be the cure that you need. It has been proven by science that it relieves migraine pain and you should certainly give it a try.
- Depression and Mood Swings
There are a lot of people that have tried and succeed in improving their state of mind by boosting their mood with increased magnesium intake. Although it is not scientifically proven that it treats depression, it is a good supplement that will help you with anxiety and depression.
Although a professional help is a recommended option for treatment of depression, increasing of your magnesium levels is also a very good advice.
- Bone Health
Bone health is of crucial significance for everybody, especially for women as they grow older. Magnesium works together with vitamin D and calcium to maintain healthier and stronger bones.
In addition, an adequate amount of magnesium in the body protects it from a variety of bone related issues, like osteoporosis and others.
- Cardiovascular Disease and Diabetes
Magnesium deficit is linked with insulin resistance, which leads to health issues like cardiovascular diseases and increased risk of diabetes. An adequate amount of magnesium in the body helps prevent these health issues, while maintaining blood sugar levels stabile.
- Cancer Reduction
It has been scientifically proven that increased amounts of magnesium in your body reduces the risk of colorectal cancer by 13%. If you have family history of colorectal cancer, you should increase your magnesium intake in order to prevent it.
Other Benefits Of Magnesium
- Increases energy levels
- Promotes relaxation by calming the nerves
- Treats insomnia and improves sleeping
- Relieves spasms and muscle pain
- Relieves constipation
Types Of Magnesium Supplements
- Magnesium Orotate supplements contain orotic acid which has positive benefits for the heart
- Magnesium Chelate supplements are very easily absorbable in the body and are found in natural foods
- Magnesium Threonate supplements are very easily absorbable in the body
- Magnesium Chloride Oil supplement are used by athletes mostly to increase energy, relieve muscle pain and to heal wounds
- Magnesium Citrate supplements are used to improve digestion and as treatment against It has a laxative effect if taken in high amount
- Magnesium Glycinate supplements are very easily absorbable in the body and are recommended for those who have magesium