Food is indeed an indispensable part of our life. But despite this, however, there are many incredible secrets associated with it. Take a look at some of the most interesting facts and mysteries that are on your plate.
- Coconut water can be used as a replacement for blood plasma in an emergency.
- Scientists can turn peanut butter into diamonds due to the high amount of carbon in it.
- Airplane food is not delicious because our senses of taste and smell are reduced by 30% in a high-pressure cabin.
- There are so many types of apples that you will need 20 years to try them all if you eat an apple a day.
- Cheese is the most commonly stolen product in the world. About 4% of the whole cheese mysteriously disappears every year.
- It takes about 1,700 liters of water to make 100 grams of chocolate.
One McDonald’s hamburger can contain the meat of 100 different cows.
- Potatoes can absorb and reflect WIFI signals due to their chemical composition.
- The first dynamite was made with peanuts since peanut butter was used to produce nitroglycerin, the main ingredient of the dynamite.
- You can cover the Chinese wall 8 times with Nutella jars sold in one year.
- Mint fruit extract is 300 times sweeter than sugar.
- Orange juice from a store that is 100% natural, usually 100% with artificial sweeteners.
- The tea bags were discovered accidentally. The users began to use the samples incorrectly as well as the tea straws.
- Eskimos use fridges to prevent food freezing.
- People are genetically coded to have a desire for sugar.
- The ketchup was sold in the form of pills as a medication for diarrhea in the 1800s.
- If you leave onion for a long time on the skin, you may get third-degree burns.
- McDonald’s sells about 75 sandwiches every second on a global scale.
- On August 10, 2015, NASA astronauts for the first time ate food (lettuce) grown in space.
- If all people in the world become vegetarians, by the year 2050 about 7 million deaths will be prevented.