Coconut oil is a luxurious natural product. It has numerous beneficial properties and it can be used for many different purposes. It can be used as deodorizer, healing product, for cleaning and it can also be eaten.
Coconut oil is very healthy, it smells wonderful and it is very economical. It shows even better results than expensive creams and lotions.
There are 2 types of coconut oil: Commercial grade and virgin coconut oil.
- Virgin coconut oil
This oil is made from fresh coconut meat or non-copra. This oil is pure with no chemicals or high heat for the extraction. Pure coconut oil has long shelf life for many years. The method of extracting the coconut oil is consisted of using minimal heat for fast drying and pressing the oil mechanically. Other method for extracting the coconut oil is the wet milling method which is consisted of extracting the oil from the meat without drying. With pressing the coconut milk is extracted.
- Commercial grade
This type of oil is made from Copra or dry coconut. The oil is extracted from the sun dried or smoked copra. This oil is refined. It is processed with RBD process or Refined Bleached Deodorized and this is why it is not good for consumption. This process is used for mass production of coconut oil. In order to extract more oil from copra the modern manufacturers use chemicals.
These are the differences between the virgin coconut oil and the commercial grade.
Here are the 15 main reasons why you need to have coconut oil in your house and how you can use it.
- Rash – It can cure any kind of rash like allergies, diaper rash etc. It`s better to use coconut oil for this problems because the commercial creams and lotions contain the chemical propylene glycol which can cause irritation and dermatitis.
- Shaving – Use coconut oil if you have sensitive skin and suffer from irritated and red skin after shaving. The oil will kill all the bacteria and sooth the skin.
- Lip balm – It is the best way to keep the lips hydrated and moisturized. The commercial lip balms all contain heavy metals like manganese, aluminum, chromium, cadmium and lead. All of these metals can damage the health if used constantly.
- Make up remover – Coconut oil is the perfect solution for removing make up and even mascara. It cleans the face and makes your skin healthy.
- Face cleaner – Mix the coconut oil with castor oil in equal parts and make your own face wash. Mix the oils well and massage the skin. Almost 90% of all the body and face cleaners contain toxins and chemicals like sodium laureth sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate which combined with other chemical can cause cancer. The coconut oil is also perfect for treating acne.
- Night cream – Coconut oil contains fatty acids which are great for the skin. Use the oil on clean skin before going to bed. Also you can use it for cracked and dried skin on the nails. You can soften the cuticles with this oil.
- Foot fungi – Coconut oil has anti-bacterial and anti-microbial properties and due to its properties it`s great for the treatment of athlete`s foot. Rub the feet with the oil after showering for eliminating fungi, viruses and bacteria. Also it can remove yeasts.
- Deodorant – Mix some of the oil with lavender oil and use it as a deodorant. It`s better than the commercial ones because it doesn’t contain any chemicals which can cause many health problems, Alzheimer`s included. For this purpose you can also mix 3 tablespoons of coconut oil with backing soda and arrowroot powder.
- Body scrub – Make a completely natural body exfoliator by mixing coconut oil, backing soda and salt in equal parts.
- Soothing bath – Add some coconut oil and couple of drops of essential oils in the bath for eliminating bacteria and for moisturizing. This method is great for treating UTIs in kids.
- Body lotion – Coconut oil is great for moisturizing the skin and making it smooth. It`s much better than the commercial ones because they contain propylene glycol, formaldehyde, aluminum, phthalates and parabens. It makes the skin smell amazing.
- Oil pulling – This oil is great as mouthwash and as oral health method. Swish the oil in the mouth for 15 minutes to get the bacteria between the gums. It will remove plaque and odor and it will heal the cavities. Don’t gargle with the oil and don’t swallow it because you don’t want to ingest the bacteria.
- Frizz fighting – People who have frizzy hair usually use gels, silicon drops and alcohol musses. These products leave the hair dry because they take the moisture out. For amazing shine apply couple of coconut oil drops on the hair ends.
- Toothpaste – Make your own toothpaste by mixing ½ teaspoon of backing soda, 2 drops of mint oil and 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. This paste is great for whitening the teeth and for teeth decay. Use the paste as you use normal toothpaste.
- Healing agent – Coconut oil can be used on wounds and cuts. Just apply the oil on the affected area and it will create protective layer which will eliminate all the bacteria, viruses and fungi with its good chemicals. Also it can be used for speeding up the process of healing in tissues, so apply it on bruises also.
Source and imagesource: organichealthuniverse.com