Moringa is a plant that has a lot of beneficial properties. It grows mostly in Africa and Asia and is very much used in the South-Indian cooking. This plant is also known as Malunggay or drumstick tree and all of the parts of the plant are rich with nutrients and they are all edible. You can eat the flowers, roots, fruits, pods and bark. Moringa is powerful plant but unfortunately we are not aware of all of its potentials and of everything that this plant offers.
Here are some of the benefits of this plant.
- The seeds from this plant produce oil which has the same nutritive values and abundance of antioxidants like the olive oil.
- It`s better than spinach. It contains 3 times more iron.
- Taking moringa tea every morning will make you more energized and it will give you energy to make it through the day.
- Moringa is even better than carrots because it contains more beta-carotene and vitamin A as 4 times more.
- The supplements which are made from the pods and leaves of the moringa don’t contain any synthetic ingredients so they are better than all the other supplements and vitamins that you can bay in the stores.
- It has 2 times more protein than yogurt per gram.
- It`s better than bananas because it contains 3 times more potassium.
- It has 4 times more calcium than milk.
- And also has 7 times more vitamin C than oranges.
Here is a recipe for moringa tea
Making moringa tea from the moringa tree from your garden is always better. All you need to do is harvest some leaves and let them dry on room temperature for 10-14 day. Keep the leaves in a paper bag. After they have been dried, pulverize them and make your moringa tea. Put some pulverized leaves in a cup, add hot water, some honey and couple of drops of lemon and stir it well. Enjoy your tea!
The beneficial properties of the moringa tea!
The moringa tea has a lot of benefits and it`s very good for your health. You can drink the tea for improving your immune system, for losing weight, for detoxification of your entire body. It will clear your mind and it will make you feel energized because it contains a lot of antioxidants and vitamins.
Always try to find and use fresh leaves for your moringa tea, but if you can’t, you can always buy them in the stores. Always be sure to buy 100% organic tea.
Source and imagesource: organichealthminds.com